Questions we're often asked
There are four ways you can find out about your charges:
- Check your policy documents
- Look at your providers’ websites
- Log in and view your pension details online
- Contact your other providers.
If you’d like to know more about our charges, contact us.
We won’t charge you to transfer your pensions to us. Your other providers may charge you for transferring out of their pension.
You can transfer most pensions to us online, but not all. Common reasons we can’t accept a pension include:
- It has benefits which may be valuable. If you transfer, you’d give these up
- It’s with an overseas provider
- You only want to transfer part of your pension
- You’ve taken an income or a tax-free lump sum from the pension
- It’s a final salary pension
- An employer is currently paying into your pension
- It’s subject to a bankruptcy order, or pension earmarking or sharing order, or other receiving orders
- It has been, or will be, set up using ‘disqualifying’ pension credits from a pension sharing order (i.e. the order applied to a pension already in payment or income drawdown).
For more about pensions we can accept, read our guide.