Thinking of cashing in?

We recognise that you may have an immediate need to cash in some, or all, of your policy or pension plan and may have questions about the impact of transaction costs on short term fund performance. If you are thinking of cashing in some, or all, of your policy or pension plan in the short term, we strongly recommend you seek independent financial advice.

You should bear in mind that more risky funds are likely to be more volatile over the short term in turbulent markets. Irrespective of the change of investment manager, we suggest you seek financial advice if you are concerned about the impact of market volatility on your chosen funds.

Further information

Independent advice

If you’re unsure about how any of these changes may affect your investments, we recommend that you speak to an independent adviser. If you don’t have an adviser you can find one at unbiased. Remember a financial adviser may charge for any advice they give.

You can find free and impartial money guidance from the government at or by calling free:

0800 138 7777

Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm, and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.


It’s difficult to avoid jargon in financial services, so you may have come across some unfamiliar expressions. We’ve explained them here.

See glossary

Document library

View all documents relating to the fund changes.

Visit library