CRITICAL ILLNESS COVER
It’s not something anyone likes to think about, but what would happen if you were diagnosed with a serious illness and had to take time off work? How would you and your family cope financially? Critical illness cover may help.
- Critical illness cover can help ensure that you and your family are financially protected if the worst happens.
- Critical illness cover pays out a cash sum if you’re diagnosed with one of the critical illnesses covered by your policy.
- Policies can include cover for your children too – both children’s critical illness cover and children’s life cover.
- You can combine critical illness cover with life cover, so you’re also covered if you die during the term of your policy.
- Critical illness cover can also give you more than just financial protection, with access to practical and emotional support at a time when you might need it most. If you choose critical illness cover from Scottish Widows, this is available through Scottish Widows Care.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CRITICAL ILLNESS COVER
The reason for taking out critical illness cover is to provide for you and your family if the unexpected should happen. This is never more evident than when you have to make a claim.
In 2021, we paid out £132 million in life cover claims and £74 million in critical illness claims, helping over 10,400 families. We paid out 98% of claims, with 63% of critical illness claims being for cancer.