Whatever policy you have with us, we’re here to help.
Our life insurance policies
Our life insurance products can be found below:
- Protection for Life
- Scottish Widows Protect
- My Life Insurance
- Plan & Protect
- Other policies purchased either directly from Scottish Widows or through your bank (Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland), Clerical Medical or adviser.
Why is protection so important?
A protection policy can provide financial support for your family if you die or are diagnosed with a serious illness, depending on the type of policy you have.
Having cover in place can give your family the comfort of knowing they can cope if the worst happens.
It’s important to review your protection policies from time to time to make sure they still fully meet your needs. Your adviser can help you.
If you don’t have a financial adviser unbiased.co.uk can help you find one in your area.
Can I change the level of cover?
- Protection for Life – The cover provided by existing policies can’t be increased, but you may be able to reduce it. Please call us to discuss your options.
- Scottish Widows Protect – you should speak to your financial adviser about any changes you wish to make.
- My Life Insurance - these policies can’t be changed. Please call us if you have any questions.
- Plan & Protect- these policies can’t be changed. You can apply for extra cover through your mobile banking app, up to a maximum of £500,000 across all Plan & Protect policies, or you can apply to cover your mortgage by speaking to your Mortgage and Protection Adviser at your branch (Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland). Please call us if you have any other questions.
- Other policies- please call us.
How do I make any other changes?
If you want to make any other changes, including address or bank account details, or if you can’t afford your premium, or want to cancel your policy, please contact us.