Are you ready?
Before you transfer, we want to check that you’ve read enough about combining pensions to know it’s the right choice for you.
Before you apply, you need to check:
What you’ll be giving up
- You’ve looked at your existing pensions’ details
- You know you’ll be giving up any benefits and features when you transfer
- You understand what this means for you.
You can transfer your pensions to us
- You know you’re the right age and you’re UK-based
- You want to transfer your whole pension
- You’ve checked we can accept your pensions.
- You’ve confirmed your employer, or someone else other than you, isn’t paying into it.
How much you’ll pay for our pension
- You’ve looked at how much you currently pay
- You’ve compared this to our charges
- You think our pension offers you good value.
Questions we're often asked
We’ll get in touch with your other providers and ask them to transfer your pensions to us. We’ll keep in touch while this is happening to let you know how it’s going.
If your other provider uses the same transfer service as us, it usually takes about six weeks. If not, we’ll let you know so you can ask your other providers for a manual transfer form. This process can take longer.
You can transfer most pensions to us online, but not all. Common reasons we can’t accept a pension include:
- It has benefits which may be valuable. If you transfer, you’d give these up
- It’s with an overseas provider
- You only want to transfer part of your pension
- You’re taking an income from the pension
- It’s a final salary pension
- An employer is currently paying into your pension
- It’s been divided up as part of a divorce.
For more about pensions we can accept, read our guide.