We offer a wide range of investment choices for you to select from including ready-made and fully-governed solutions through to highly bespoke options. This means we can support your employees who want a completely managed solution or those who prefer a hands-on approach.
We aim to:
- make it easy for employees to make investment choices
- review and test our investment risk and reward regularly
- offer expert investment management at value for money
- help your employees prepare for the type of retirement outcome they want
- provide an investment proposition that offers flexibility and choice.
Investment options available
Our lifestyling options have been designed to be used as default investment options, and they all support pension freedoms by offering pathways to Flexible Access, Annuity and Cash.
Our default Pension Investment Approaches have a long track record as robust and reliable lifestyling options. Your employees can elect to stay in the default option or choose to move into a different lifestyling option. For those employees who prefer greater choice and flexibility we offer a large selection of internally and externally managed funds from a range of fund managers. These funds have no lifestyling, so employees need to be comfortable about managing their own levels of risk.
If you choose not to offer your employees one of our lifestyling options as the default investment option, some of our products allow you to create your own default investment solution. This would require you or your adviser to assume the responsibility for the ongoing suitability of your chosen default option and the investment range offered.
We can also offer scheme specific and blended fund solutions within some of our product solutions.
For more details and information about the investment solutions available, please contact us.
Our Six Principles of Responsible Investment and Stewardship Commitments guide our decisions on asset allocation, manager selection, fund research, and engagement activity.
Find out more about our Responsible Investment and Stewardship Framework.
Integrating ESG considerations into our pension portfolios
We’re taking our next step towards integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations into our Pension Portfolio Funds, which underpin our Pension Investment Approaches (PIAs), by investing in a new BlackRock ACS Climate Transition World Equity Fund.
Read about the BlackRock ACS Climate Transition World Equity Fund.
Enhancements to our Strategic Asset Allocation
As part of our ongoing robust governance, we regularly review and adapt our multi-asset funds as the market environment changes and as we see new opportunities for customers and scheme members emerging. It’s clear the investment outlook is shifting, exacerbated by the Covid 19 impact, and we expect lower projected returns and potentially continued volatility. So we’re introducing a number of significant changes to our Pension Portfolio Funds to ensure members benefit from the new environment.
These changes are projected to deliver improved expected investment returns for unchanged downside risk and at no additional charge.
We’ll be making the following changes as a result of our 2020 Strategic Asset Allocation Review:
- A new Strategic Asset Allocation approach for equities
- Diversifying the sources of return in our portfolios by investing in a wider range of asset classes, while maintaining a significant level of equity exposure
- Introducing currency hedging on a portion of our overseas equities to help optimise returns in flat or more volatile markets and enable us to achieve greater diversification
- Integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations into our Pension Portfolio Funds by investing in a new BlackRock ACS Climate Transition World Equity Fund which supports businesses that decrease carbon emissions, increase clean technology revenue, reduce water consumption and improve waste management. Read more.
Support for your employees
We recognise that for many, the investment element of pensions can seem both confusing and complex, so we've created a series of four short films for you to share with your employees.
The films cover the following investment related topics:
- Your Workplace Pension Explained
- Lifestyling Explained
- Pound Cost Averaging Explained
- Assets Explained
Helping your employees through market volatility and investor uncertainty
To support your employees during turbulent investment periods, we’ve developed three films focussing on the following subjects:
For employer use only.