Features & benefits
- With Protection for Life there's a monthly fee associated with each benefit, however if you take out more than one benefit we'll only charge the fee on one of them.
- Once you have got your policy you can apply to change the following during the term of your policy:
- The level of your cover (increases in sum assured may be subject to further underwriting)
- The term of your cover (increases in term may be subject to further underwriting)
- Your policy can pay out the benefit amount as a cash sum if, during the policy term,
- you die,
- you are diagnosed with a terminal illness, or
- you are diagnosed with a critical illness that meets definitions as outlined within our policy provisions
- If you select a single cash sum, the “benefit amount” can be level, increasing or decreasing over the policy term
- If you select a monthly cash sum, these can be payable on a level or increasing basis
- The premiums you pay for this benefit are reviewable every five years and can change. Please read the Critical illness with life cover key features or Critical illness cover key features for further information.
- You can apply to change the level of cover once the policy is set up, add a partner or change the policy term
- You can choose to have a single person or joint person plan
- Children’s critical illness with life cover is automatically included
- Children's life cover is automatically included
- You can choose to put the policy in trust
- You receive access to Scottish Widows Care
- You must be a UK resident (meaning England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland but not the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands)
- You must have a UK bank account
- Minimum age at start 18
- Maximum age at start 64
- To pay monthly premiums for this benefit by direct debit until the end of its term. Further details are provided in the quotation. These premiums are reviewable.
- To answer all questions in the application honestly and fully. We may not pay any claim, have to amend the terms of your cover or at worst cancel your cover if you:
- don’t answer the questions honestly
- give us incomplete or misleading answers, or
- do not advise us of a change in the information you provided in response to our questions prior to the date we have agreed the terms of your cover.
We will have agreed the terms once we have your signed confirmation that all your application answers are true and complete and we have written to you after that confirming our terms.