We’ll send an application summary to all of your clients so that they can review the information given on their application and make sure it’s correct. This gives your clients an opportunity to make any changes if necessary.
If no changes are needed, then nothing further is required.
If your client does make changes, they’ll need to send the summary back to us and an underwriter will review the changes. What happens next will depend on what the changes are:
No change to decision:
- If the changes don’t impact the original underwriting decision, we’ll write to your client telling them there’s no change.
Further information required from a GP:
- If the changes mean we need a General Practitioners Report (GPR), we’ll cover your client for up to 56 days while we wait for the report. If we don’t get the report back within 56 days, we’ll cancel the policy.
Further information required from client:
- If the changes mean we need further information from your client, one of our underwriters will phone them
- If we can’t get the information over the phone we‘ll write to your client. We’ll cover your client for up to 56 days, until we get the information. If we don’t manage to contact your client or get the information within 56 days, we’ll cancel the policy.
Revised underwriting decision:
- Changes or additional information could mean a change to the original underwriting decision. This may result in us increasing your client’s premium, if that’s the case we’ll send revised terms and policy documents to your client.
- We may apply an exclusion or not be able to offer Premium Protection cover. If this happens we’ll send your client revised terms and ask them to confirm they accept these new terms. We’ll cover your client for up to 56 days while we wait for them to accept our terms. If we don’t get the acceptance within 56 days we’ll cancel the policy.
- We’ll notify you of any changes that result in a premium increase or decrease.