In recent years we’ve invested over £50m on our Retirement Account, transforming our service, proposition and adviser support. Here are some of the key things we’ve done for the benefit of you and your clients.
- End State Switching
- Portfolio Management Service
- Beneficiary Drawdown
- Centralised Retirement Proposition
- Retirement Portfolio Funds
- Drip feed Drawdown
- CII Accredited CPD Masterclasses
- Launch of FundsTalk
- New Adviser Website
- Recommendation Tool
- Regional Business Development teams
- Increased Distribution Support
- Women & Retirement Report
- Supporting Pension Awareness Day
Managing clients needs efficiently
Increased regulation has led advisers to look at ways to be more efficient and reduce transactional work so they can increase the time they spend with clients. That’s why we’ve enhanced our digital self-service whilst continuing to offer personalised service. This ensures no matter your business model, you get the support from us you need whether online or in person:
- Easier online fund management: Control and manage your clients’ investments with our signature free process to perform a buy, sell or switch. We’ve built on this with our Portfolio Management Service, an easy way to create and manage model portfolios and End State Switching, which takes the hard work out of restructuring your clients’ funds.
- Committed & personalised servicing: Case ownership enables us to deliver excellent service in shorter timescales. With one dedicated contact number for servicing queries, and the ability to take instructions for tax free cash payments, designations and income payments over the phone.
- Recommendation tool: Our new tool can help you explain to your clients why you’re recommending Retirement Account and save time when producing a client suitability letter.
Managing the risks of Drawdown
58% of customers now opt for the flexibility of drawdown when taking their retirement income1. With more clients staying invested for longer, this brings complexity for investment choice and client needs, bringing key risks that we can help you overcome.
- Investment Risk – With more people drawing down income as required, it’s crucial to minimise the impact of volatility on their pension funds. That’s why our Retirement Portfolio Funds are designed to manage significant volatility to help your Drawdown clients’ pension pots last longer.
- Intergenerational Risk – Clients want to secure their families’ financial future by passing remaining pension funds on tax efficiently. Our Beneficiary/Successor Drawdown options allow clients to nominate beneficiaries to pass their funds on in a tax efficient manner upon death.
- Longevity Risk – increased longevity means clients risk running out of money. To help ensure their pension income is effectively managed, you can use our online phased income option Drip-Feed Drawdown. This saves you time through automation, and helps clients achieve a more tax efficient, sustainable retirement income.
Sharing our expertise
The retirement market continues to face a number of challenges; that’s why we’ve looked at how we can better share our insight and expertise to help you understand what these mean for your business and any potential opportunities.
- Building relationships: We’ve invested to significantly increase the size of our Distribution team and have realigned our Business Development teams to better fit your needs. Our telephony and field based relationship managers work alongside sales support and servicing relationship managers, as one team. This team can help to identify development opportunities for your business, share knowledge about our proposition and investments or help with complex servicing cases
- Sharing industry renowned expertise: We’ve built on the success of TechTalk, with our sister publication FundsTalk, delivering topical news and insight from our investment experts. And our Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) accredited Pension Masterclass series can support your structured CPD learning requirements.
- Market Leadership: We’ve continued to take the lead on important issues for the benefit of advisers and the overall industry. This year sees our 15th annual Women & Retirement report and the 5th annual Pension Awareness Day, which we’re helping to celebrate with our “Taking on Your Future Together” tour. Both aim to raise awareness on retirement issues, with the aim to engage consumers, advisers and the industry to look at ways to secure a better financial future.
Award winning proposition and service
We’re proud to have been recognised with a range of prestigious industry awards and ratings, further evidencing our commitment to supporting you and your clients.
To find out more about our award winning proposition, service and adviser support speak to your Business Development team, visit scottishwidows.co.uk/service or call the Retirement Account servicing team on 0800 096 4364.
1 Association of British Insurers, UK Insurance and Long-Term Savings, The state of the market report, 2018