There are a number of steps you can take to help with the situation:
- If you’re struggling with your financial commitments, you should pay all your essential bills first, for example your mortgage, utility bills, insurances, council tax and housekeeping. You should ensure you pay these essential bills first before making any payments towards credit cards or loans.
- Check whether you can get any state benefits or tax credits which could help to increase your income.
- If you have an insurance policy, for example income protection insurance, check whether this could help with your payments.
- Seek debt advice, for example from Citizens Advice, if you'd like help managing your finances.
- Make sure you keep all joint mortgage holders, and anyone acting as a guarantor on the mortgage, up to date with what's happening.
- Get back to us quickly if we try to contact you to discuss your mortgage.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.