Support for customers impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the impact of coronavirus is felt across the UK, you may have concerns about how it could affect you and your money.
Your peace of mind is still our top priority. So, we’ve put in place some additional support and information to help.
Managing your money
If your income has been affected by the disruption from the coronavirus, we have options to help you. These include:
- No fees for missed payments on mortgages
- Payment holidays on mortgages with additional support provided when you need it
- If you've had a payment holiday due to coronvirus, what happens after your payment holiday.
- Emergency access to savings in fixed term and notice accounts without charge
If you’re worried about your financial situation because of coronavirus, please contact us.
Due to the challenging times we are all experiencing, we’re dealing with a much higher number of calls from customers than normal. So that we can support those in the most vulnerable situations we ask that you only call if your enquiry is urgent. We are doing our best to help customers as quickly as possible and we appreciate your understanding.
How to stay safe from fraud
Remember, your money is safe in your account.
People are using the coronavirus outbreak as an opportunity to try new scams by email, call and text. They’re even using online marketplaces to sell goods like face masks and hand sanitisers that don’t exist.
If you get an email with a PDF or a link that offers advice or a cure for the virus, it’s likely to be a scam.
What you should do:
- Don’t open emails if you don’t know who sent them
- Even if you know the sender, don’t reply if an email looks odd with spelling mistakes and a messy layout
- Don’t click on any links or attachments unless you know they’re safe
- Before you buy anything online it’s best to do some research and check reviews to make sure a seller is genuine
- Pay by card when you shop online – that way you protect your cash.
You can find out more on how to stay safe from scams on our Security Information pages.
We also use the latest technology to help protect you round the clock.
If you think you have been a victim of fraud, call us anytime on: 0345 845 0829.