Stewardship and Voting reports
The FCA policy statement (19/13) was published on 31 May 2019, which brings in new requirements to develop and publicly disclose a policy on improved shareholder engagement and increased transparency around stewardship.
We are currently reviewing our stewardship and engagement activity in line with the policy statement and will make further disclosures in due course.
Stewardship aims to promote the long term success of companies in such a way that the ultimate providers of capital also prosper. Effective stewardship benefits companies, investors and the economy as a whole. (UK Stewardship Code, FRC, September 2012).
We expect stewardship programs to have an impact. This is demonstrated through strong engagement, thought leadership and voting. Please view the regular voting reports which are linked to below to learn more.
We ask all out fund managers to comply with the UK Stewardship Code
Scottish Widows provides a broad selection of funds for its customers to invest in:
- Scottish Widows funds, these are the funds owned by Scottish Widows and its OEICs
- Other Asset Manager funds, these are the funds that we make available on our platforms for customers to utilise.
Scottish Widows funds (including Scottish Widows life, pension and OEIC funds. Also including Halifax OEICs).
For our own funds we delegate investment management activity, including voting and stewardship activity to the fund manager.
- Our main fund manager is Aberdeen Standard, which is a subsidiary of Standard Life Aberdeen [link to https://www.standardlifeaberdeen.com/], you can find out more about their stewardship activity in this report:
- We also delegate investment management activity to Insight Asset Management, you can find out more about their stewardship activity on their website:
Other Asset Managers’ funds
We also provide access to third party funds. Where this is the case stewardship activity, including voting, is undertaken by the fund manager.
- Our main third party fund manager is State Street Global Advisers, who provide tracker funds. You can find out more about their stewardship activity on their website: