Centre for the Modern Family Reports
From 2011 to 2018, Scottish Widows supported the Centre for the Modern Family think tank, with the mission of understanding the challenges facing British families – providing insight and perspectives for Government, businesses, media, communities, faith groups and family experts.
For many, Christmas is a time for families and relatives to spend quality time together. But it can also be a financially challenging time with presents to buy and family to feed, while continuing to manage everyday costs and outgoings.
‘Silver Supporters’, the second and final chapter this year from the Centre for the Modern Family, explores the emotional and financial pressure facing families during the festive season.
The report has uncovered that some grandparents are also financially supporting their families throughout the entire year, although many have not made provision for this.
- Cost of care – August 2017
- Self-Employment and the Family – Feb 2017
- The Changing Face of Families – Aug 2016
- Supporting families in the workplace – Mar 2016
- Work Family Balance – Jan 2016
- Older Workers – September 2015
- Forever Young: The New Landscape of Later-Life Planning – Jan 2015
- Meet the full nesters – Oct 2014
- Family generations and financial pressures – Aug 2014