- Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs)
- Save paper. Receive “paperless” short reports
Open Ended Investment Companies (or OEICs) are a popular way to invest in the stock market. When you invest in an OEIC fund, your money is pooled with that of other investors. This means it can be spread across a far wider range of investments, for example, equities and/or fixed interest securities helping you to spread the risk to your money. OEIC funds offer the potential for growth or income and are designed as a medium to long term investment (at least 5 to 10 years).
Because of changes in US legislation, if you are or become a US resident you won't be able to hold any shares in our OEICs. We'll write to you to advise you of your options and that we'll have to sell your shares unless you transfer your investment to another person who is a UK resident.
Features & benefits
- Invest in a wide range of OEIC funds managed by industry experts
- Suitable for a range of risk appetites
- Choose to invest for income, capital growth or a combination of both. Please note that if the withdrawals you make exceed the level of investment growth then your fund value will be eroded
- Easy access to your investment (although there may be delays in certain circumstances)
- The value of your investment is not guaranteed and can go down as well as up
- Able to switch between funds, although there is a charge
- Check your OEIC fund performance online
- Able to invest on behalf of your children.
- Minimum investment of £50 per month or £1,000 single investment
- Minimum age of 18
- You need to be a UK resident.
The value of your investment and any income from it is not guaranteed and can go down as well as up.You may not get back the original amount you invested.