- Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
Individual Savings Accounts (or ISAs), are a potentially tax-efficient way to save or invest. Scottish Widows offers stocks and shares ISAs where your money is invested in stocks and shares through professionally managed funds. ISAs offer the potential for growth or income and are designed for the medium to long term (5 to 10 years).
Because of changes in US legislation, if you are or become a US resident you won’t be able to hold any shares in our Stocks and Shares ISA. We’ll write to you to advise you of your options and that we’ll have to sell your shares unless you transfer your investment to another person who is a UK resident.
Features & benefits
- No UK income or capital gains tax. (Please note that you cannot re-claim the 10% tax credit on UK dividends). Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in the future
- Choose from a wide range of investment funds managed by industry experts
- Suitable for a range of risk appetites
- Easy access to your investment (although there may be delays in certain circumstances)
- Check your ISA fund performance online
- Choose to invest for income, growth or a combination of both
- Easily transfer your ISA fund from another provider
- Able to invest on behalf of your children.
- Minimum investment of £50 per month or £1,000 single payment
- Minimum age of 18
- You need to be resident in the UK for tax purposes
- Crown employees and their spouses/civil partners who are not resident in the UK may qualify
- You need to be able to pay by Direct Debit.
The value of your investment and any income from it is not guaranteed and can go down as well as up. You may not get back the original amount you invested.