Scottish Widows is the life, pensions and investment provider of the Lloyds Banking Group.
The Scottish Widows timeline
- 1815 The company was founded in 1815 in Edinburgh as Scotland's first mutual life office
- 1986 The living logo, the Scottish Widow, was created as an icon which presented our positive values of strength, reliability, integrity, innovation and heritage
- 1995 Scottish Widows Bank is launched. It currently offers a range of savings, loans and mortgage products
- 2000 Scottish Widows is demutualised and becomes part of the Lloyds TSB Marketing Group on 3 March 2000
- 2009 In January 2009, Scottish Widows became part of Lloyds Banking Group