Before you apply
Before proceeding to the application stage you should ensure that your client wishes to set up a Flexible Discounted Gift and Income Trust, which is on a discretionary basis.
Should they wish to establish the trust on an absolute basis, please look at our Discounted Gift and Income Trust (creating fixed trust interests).
Please also ensure your client has read the important notes for applications.
The application stages
Our Trust completion guide will help you through the process.
- For full in-advance underwriting, a completed health questionnaire should first be submitted (see postal details in step 3)
- Once this has been received a projected discount will be provided where possible. If the projected discount is acceptable the application stage moves to stage 2.
The following items should accompany the application
- Confirmation of verification of identity of the settlor(s) and all additional trustees
- Copy of illustration
- Cheque for investment amount
- Payable to ‘Scottish Widows Limited – [settlor’s name]’
- Send your applications by post to:
PO Box 28117
15 Dalkeith Road
- Policy documents will be issued to the trustees.
This trust is also offered on a concurrent/no underwriting basis. Please speak to your usual sales contact if you wish to proceed on either of these options.