If we need more information about something disclosed in your client’s application, one of our underwriters will contact them for a tele-interview.
How does it work?
- One of our underwriters will call your client to get additional information over the phone
- If the first call is unsuccessful we’ll try twice more within a 24 hour period
- If we can’t contact your client by telephone we’ll write and ask them to call us on our dedicated line
- We’ll confirming the answers given before closing the call
- If your client agrees with the confirmation then they don’t need to take any further action
- All calls are recorded
- Our tele-underwriting line will be open from 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
What are the benefits?
- In most cases, a successful tele-underwriting call could mean we don’t have to contact your client’s doctor, speeding up the application process
- We’ll assess the information provided within 24 hours
- With our dedicated phone line, you and your clients have access to a specially trained team with an understanding of medical conditions and knowledge of what information is required to underwrite the policy.