If you’re asked to start a claim on behalf of your client, this is what you need to do:
- Phone us on 0800 056 5589 to register a critical illness, terminal illness or premium protection claim
- Phone us on 0800 056 5590 to register a life cover claim.
Our telephone lines are open 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (excludes UK Bank Holidays).
For critical illness and terminal illness claims, we can accept claims information over the phone, so your client doesn’t need to complete a form. If you’d like us to do this, please ask your client to call us themselves to complete the information we need.
For life cover claims, once we’ve taken initial details from you, we’ll send you a claim form which should be completed and sent back to us with any other document we might ask for such as:
- The birth, marriage or death certificate of the person covered
- Medical evidence to support the claim
- A signed Access to Medical Records Act Declaration (AMRA)
- The original policy schedule
- The original trust deed, if applicable.
During this process, your client or their family need to continue to make payments to their plan.
We will also offer your client free and confidential access to a Personal Nurse Adviser through independent care advisory service RedArc so please ask us for details of how to contact RedArc.