Our Women and Retirement Report explores the current attitudes of women in Britain towards saving for the future and identifies areas for improvement. The good news is that 50% of women are now saving adequately for retirement. That’s a 10% increase on last year.
The report highlights that:
- There’s still an awareness gap, in which only 15 % of women say they fully understand pensions
- Just 29 % of women are currently part of a company pension scheme
- Only 7% of women say they are confident in their knowledge of annuities
- 41% of women want a fixed income in retirement
- 9 in 10 women don’t have a financial adviser.